PDA

View Full Version : Please help shedding and feeding

Please help shedding and feeding

1TimeMoM
07-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Well whiskey is going into blue I noticed he has been getting really light and today his eyes are kinda cloudy pink.. he doesnt really wanna be bothered with.. he doesnt try to bite or anything he runs away a lil but once i get him hes fine.. Im not messing with him half as much as i usually do cuz I know he is bout to shed.. I made him a humid hide and he stays in it always.. i soaked him yesterday for bout 10 mins also.. well tomorrow is feeding day.. should I try to feed him or should I wait? and how long does it usually take for them to shed.. this is prob his second shed hell be 8wks monday... and also round bout how much should he weigh.. sorry for all the questions and blabbering...

thanks plenty in advance

The_Thunderer
07-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Yeah... when they're about to shed, you should let them be. He'll be in the humid hide as much as he needs, so don't worry about it too much. He probably won't need it in Louisiana, but I can't see how it'll hurt him. Should be okay if you have water available at all times. If you didn't have the humid hide, he'd drink more and probably rest in the water if he needed to.

As for when he sheds... it can be 5-7 days after his eyes clear up... so if his eyes are cloudy now, you've got about a week or so.

There are lots of people who do not feed when their snakes are "blue" so you might want to wait until he's finished.

Others might have different ideas, but this is what I would do.

chad27
07-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Most will not eat during this time.

Tracee
07-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Just a quick addition - if he is spending plenty of time inside the humid hide you made him, you probably don't need to soak him as well, unless you find with time that he has problems with shedding.

Your snake might refuse food when blue, or - worst case scenario - they might eat but regurgitate. If you want to keep on the safe side, offer food right after he has shed, as they tend to have voracious appetites at this point!