• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Coffee Table Enclosure

theneedmachine

I just thought I would post some pictures of a coffee table I built a lil while ago that doubles over as an enclosure.

Rough draft before painting and sanding.

Coffee1.jpg

coffee2.jpg

Here are a few primer, sanded and painted shots.

coffee6.jpg

coffee5.jpg

coffee8.jpg

Here is is set up in my living room....it sat empty for a couple months. I just put my pair of hog Island boas in it.

coffee9.jpg

coffee10.jpg

coffee11.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Wow, that's pretty impressive... I'd love to have a bookshelf/display viv in my living room, but I'm incapable of any type of woodwork.

Cool idea. Very creative.

How is the temperature regulated? And isn't cohabitation a bad thing, even with Hogg Island Boas? Is that sand I see as a substrate?

I'm surprised nobody has jumped in on this one before me.

That’s a neat idea. Is the top hinged or does it lift off?

I’ve been thinking of building a desk with a similar idea but haven’t gotten to it yet.

Gaah.. I wish I had carpentry skills. Awesome idea, I saw something like that a while back on FaunaClassifieds. They were keeping leopard geckos in there's.

Very cool. That would solve my space problem!

... and give me another reason to nag my husband about keeping his feet off the coffee table! :duck:

Cool idea. Very creative.

How is the temperature regulated? And isn't cohabitation a bad thing, even with Hogg Island Boas? Is that sand I see as a substrate?

I'm surprised nobody has jumped in on this one before me.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! The lid is on hinges and lifts up. The sand you see is from an older picture, I built it with tremper giants in mind, but decided against it. My boas are a pair and are the same size with plenty of room, double hides and are always fed separately outside their enclosure. There is an UTH for heat, temps and humidity are perfect. I have housed boas together for 15 years with no problems, thanks for your concern. Cohabitation is always a big debate....

Very very neat. Excellent job. I like the clean lines and smiplicity of it. Looks like it was meant to go with the leather furniture. Smaller matching end tables for couch & loveseat would just be a herp keeper's living room made in heaven.

What a great piece! I wish I could do that. Hmm.....if every piece of furniture could become a viv, how many snakes could I have in the living room?

I also like the orange leather furniture. That's fun!

Back