PDA

View Full Version : Shedding and Feeding

Shedding and Feeding

maxfox426
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm a bit concerned/confused about this right now. I don't *think* there is a serious problem, at least I HOPE there isn't! Either way, I figure it's always better safe than sorry.

Reggie was due to feed on Tuesday. However, when I checked on him Monday night, he was in DEEP deep blue, so I opted not to offer him food until the shed was complete. He was still in blue Tuesday morning, cleared up by Tuesday night, and now on Thursday he still hasn't shed. :confused:

This morning I took everything out of the viv and dug around in the substrate to make sure he hadn't burrowed and buried the shed skin, but found nothing. I took a close look at him, too, and nothing looks unusual there, either.

Today, he also started to "pace" when I come into the room, which he usually does on feeding days/when he's hungry. That behavior is fairly typical for him, and since it's been three days since he was suppose to eat, I'm not really surprised.

Long story short, I feel bad that I haven't offered him his fuzzy, but if he's really so close to a shed I don't want to feed him and risk the regurge or a problem shed.

His last shed was 6/17/09, so he's definitely due. His last feeding was 7/22/09 (one fuzzy). His viv humidity has been stable at 48%. His temps are sitting at 84.9* on the warm side and 75* on the cool side.

How much longer should I wait? Is this a sign of some other underlying problem? Are there other behaviors/symptoms I should be watching for? Is there something I'm missing? Should I just go ahead and feed him? Am I just being paranoid?

Thank you! :bowdown:

Nanci
07-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I would go ahead and feed him. He may even shed in his feeding container!

maxfox426
07-31-2009, 12:11 AM
I would go ahead and feed him. He may even shed in his feeding container!

Thank you for the input, Nanci!

Of course, Reggie had shed today by the time I got home. :rolleyes: I am too much of a worrywart!