PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig scenting...

Guinea Pig scenting...

carol
10-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Well, here I am babysitting a guinea pig for a whole week and pulling my hair out with non feeders before I get any bright ideas (typical of me). I finally got a clue and attempted Guinea Pig scenting. I rubbed pinks all over the little thing. The fur was so oily, the pinks actually stuck to it. I got 3 out of 4 non feeders sucessfully feeding! One has not eaten anything besides force fed mouse tails for 3 months, none of my usual tricks worked for him and he was definately the one I expect to be dead everytime I check. Within 5 min of a guinea pig scented pink placed in his cage and he was chowing down. I also have a keys female that only takes live or tease fed, she also ate a scented f/t pink with no teasing. I have one more non-feeder to try it on today, fingers crossed. But so far 3 out of 4 ain't bad! I know some people who buy frozen rabbit buns for larger snakes, I am tempted to get some ears of those rabbits to see if that would work also. It wouldn't be very nutritious but just finding thier weakness is the majority of the battle. I am tempted now to get a breeding pair of Guinea Pigs, the last thing I need right now is another pet, but at least they don't stink as bad as mice!

EtherRex
10-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Guinnea pigs make great pets (my mother has over 100!) and they dont smell bad at all if you keep the cages clean (obviously).

Glad the non feeders ate.

CornDude
10-28-2003, 02:32 PM
poor thing! rubbing dead mice all aver the poor thing. i bet its scared to death now! :(

carol
10-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Actually, she kind of liked the massage! :)