PDA

View Full Version : Shedding?

Shedding?

DayDreamer
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
My little Miami last shed june 22, 09 and according to the breeder she is suppose to shed once a month, when will she shed? She is not in the blue stage, nor have i seen her in it. She couldnt be in the clear stage because there has been no blue stage. but she is due to shed at anytime.
(Sorry if i sound like a corn newb, technically i am one)

Nanci
08-01-2009, 01:08 PM
The way you know she is entering the blue phase is, instead of coming out in the evening, especially as feeding day nears, you don't see her any more. So as long as she is out and about, she isn't going to shed any time soon. She may be holding off until you choose a name for her...

COerriccaRN
08-01-2009, 01:21 PM
My doesn't shed exactly one month after her last shed. Sometimes its less than a month, sometimes more. It all depends on how much the baby is growing.

glenhead
08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Snakes shed when they outgrow their skin (without going into waaay too much detail). The growth, and hence the "when", is driven by how much and how often they're fed. Yes, they'll usually shed about once a month, but that's a really, really rough ballpark. If you feed them prey that is at their upper limit, and feed them as soon as they'll eat, they'll grow faster and shed more frequently. Chances are, they'll also get chubby, and that's not good. If you feed them prey of an appropriate size, and follow the recommended schedules, you'll eventually figure out their shedding pattern.

Patience. Learn from the snake.

DayDreamer
08-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Haha... Ok *Patience*

airenlow
08-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Yep...just be patient!

My hatchlings eat every 5 days and usually shed every 6-8 feedings.

DayDreamer
08-02-2009, 04:48 PM
She has gone blue now! Patience... i cant believe it... WORKED

COerriccaRN
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Happens every time :)