PDA

View Full Version : Wont Eat First Time about to shed

Wont Eat First Time about to shed

lilmex1can
08-04-2009, 11:41 PM
She is about to shed and wouldnt eat for me just now. i was suppose to feed her on monday but forgot to it is a little later than the norm and she is about to shed why wont she eat!
Im so mad!

ZoologyGirl
08-05-2009, 12:18 AM
It's possible she will not eat because she is about to shed. Try again after she sheds. A couple extra days without eating will not kill a healthy snake.

Nanci
08-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Many snakes refuse to eat when they are blue. I often find that when I have a snake that refuses for no reason, the next time I check on that snake it is now blue, and I just couldn't tell when I was attempting to feed. It's ok; your snake will resume feeding after she sheds. In about a month, start watching to see if she is blue before you thaw out her mouse and then just skip that meal, or two, if she is, because she has told you she doesn't like to feed when she is blue.

lilmex1can
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Many snakes refuse to eat when they are blue. I often find that when I have a snake that refuses for no reason, the next time I check on that snake it is now blue, and I just couldn't tell when I was attempting to feed. It's ok; your snake will resume feeding after she sheds. In about a month, start watching to see if she is blue before you thaw out her mouse and then just skip that meal, or two, if she is, because she has told you she doesn't like to feed when she is blue.
yea she is deffinetly blue so this is good thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilmex1can
08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
yea she is deffinetly blue so this is good thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:madeuce: