PDA

View Full Version : Dried out-wrinkled skin-just shed yesterday

Dried out-wrinkled skin-just shed yesterday

northwestcorns
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
My 2 year old female Lavendar corn has the symptoms mentioned above. I'm used to her being bright and shiny and pretty after her shed. However, she had a really tough shed this time, despite being misted daily and soaking in her waterbowl. I had to put her in a shoebox with wet papertowels to help her shed her tail and head. Now her scales are dull, curling up at the edges, and when she bends, the skin in the curve is wrinkled up.

I was thinking mites and will treat for that.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Shelley:shrugs:

diamondlil
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Could it possibly be scale rot from too much soaking? Can you post a picture at all?

northwestcorns
08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I am at work right now. I will post pics as soon as I get home. There is a pic of what she looks like that someone else posted under the thread "loose skin", if that helps. she looks exactly like she needs to shed, but she just did on Monday.

It doesn't help that she is the most bad-tempered corn I have ever met and she rears up and strikes like a wild black rat whenever anyone comes near her. Been like this since she was a hatchling. She isn't fun to work with.

chad27
08-05-2009, 09:24 PM
that is something how some are the devil and some are just so laid back

northwestcorns
08-06-2009, 01:01 AM
i'm trying to post pics, but I can't figure out how. Anyone help me out.

northwestcorns
08-06-2009, 01:06 AM
I have a terrible camera, but here is a pic of her. She is dull and in the close up, you can just see the wrinkled skin in the curve of her body.

Remember she shed 2 days ago and needed help at the time.

Shelley