PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Sad

diabolical-good
10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
i posted a thread on here not too long ago about my baby snake not eating. i cant be sure why, but my snake died 4 days ago. i was crushed. the tank was the right temp, it had water, it wasnt around too much vibration, i tried not to handle it too much.. and i have no idea what went wrong. i feel awful! i only had it a few weeks. anyway, hopefully i will someday get a snake again because i love them so much, but it was just a shock to see him dead like that.
does anyone have any ideas about what could have caused the death? it was so young, could it have been sick?
:( lina

CAV
10-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Sometimes there just isn't a reason. Not all hatchlings will live to be an adult. I lose 1 or 2 hatchlings every year for no logical reason.

Best advise: If you think everything was "just right" try again! I might also suggest looking for an older snake. I know hatchlings are cute, but they are very fragile and can be a real challenge for keepers with years of experience. (I actually prefer yearlings over hatchlings. :))

bluetattoo
10-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your snake Lina.

Seems like we've had very similar experiences> My little Sissaphus died last week too. I think I may have contributed by having two young snakes together, thus causing stress, (something I know does not apply to your situation) but I can't think of anything else I did wrong, and Azrael who has had exactly the same treatment, is thriving.

I know it's a nasty shock, but I think CAV is right. Some things just aren't meant to be. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all, and I hope you manage to get yourself another snake soon.

Keep your chin up,

Blue

limey
10-30-2003, 04:22 AM
i have to agree with Cav, although corns on the whole are a tough and hardy bunch some do just die. IF its your first snake you should definaltey try and get yourself a animal that is about 6months to a year old, they are far more robust and you can gurantee that its going to eat. gl 4 the next one

Taceas
10-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Don't give up. Like Cav said, not all are meant to make it. You just have to stick your chin up and try again. It sounds as though you had done everything possible abd that your enclosure conditions were well within tolerable limits.

I just recently lost two hatchlings myself, although both were related to non-feeding issues. I gave these two every opprotunity to thrive, they just never did.

Best of luck to you with your new snake. =)