PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS Rebel XS

Canon EOS Rebel XS

jpichie
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey guys:
Does anyone have any experience with this camera?
I am looking for a quality camera, and this one is on sale this week.
It is an SLR camera. Any idea how it would do on close up shots?
Any info or help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

glenhead
08-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I have a co-worker who has the XS, and I've had Canons for years (now have a 50D and a 10D). The XS is a sweet little camera. If you're getting the kit, the 18-55 image-stabilization lens is a fine piece of glass for an all-around lens. I was pretty impressed with it on my buddy's camera. Specs say it'll take a picture at 34% of life size (image size on the sensor), so you'll be able to get some respectable close-up shots. If you're getting just the camera body, then your world of lens choice gets a heckuva lot more complex, too much so for a "how's the camera" thread. The camera will work with whatever Canon EOS lens you feed it, and your close-up quality is going to be completely dependent on the lens. That said, the kit lens will treat you well. The image stabilization is a REALLY nice feature, and it'll let you get more keeper shots. Canon's method of providing IS is pretty well acknowledged to be the best optically, and it does make a difference when you're on the edge of light availability. Good choice!

jpichie
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Just what I wanted to hear. I did some searches for Nikon D60 vs Canon Rebel XS and they look pretty close. My Canon should be here on Monday :)
Thanks!

envy13
04-02-2010, 11:39 AM
i would have chose the rebel xsi it seems to get great reviews i've heard the menus are difficult and i've heard they are easy i think the xsi is pretty much the same built in flash and i'm pretty sure in has auto zoom i always want a light camera if i'm going to shoot seriously i crawl and climb and lay down anything it takes for the shot i want and i want a camera than can go with me not just weigh me down i love my 35mm minolta srt202 but its a brick

Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
04-03-2010, 02:02 AM
We got my 21 y/o son the xsi for his birthday in January. We bought it as a kit (2 lenses, camera bag, memory card, etc.) through Costco. He REALLY likes it. I have the 50D, and since we have different lenses, we sometimes trade when we go on photo shoots together, since they both take the EF and EF-S lenses. The xsi is considered an entry level dslr, so it doesn't have as many options as my 50D does, but I still think it's a great camera, especially for the price.

natfoth
04-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I have the Rebel XSI and it works very good, got some more lenses for it and it is one of the best camera i have ever used so far :)