PDA

View Full Version : Snake wasn't pooping

Snake wasn't pooping

Daveeee
08-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi, i only had my corn a couple of months now.. i rescued her from being neglected from my sisters friend. She is maybe just a little under 1 meter long, Not sure about age nor weight. she was pooping about every 2-3 days after feed (2 fuzzies, sometimes an extra pinky)
But last feed only 2 fuzzy it didn't poo and today was the eighth day with no poop

i have no experience with snakes but i thought a warm bath might help relax its bowels... so i put her in the bath tub (Not deep don't worry) for about 20 minutes, To my surprise she then pooped in the bath tub!!!
was i right in giving her a bath? also the poop looked very strange it was kinda lumpy, with slimy stuff, also bits of white

Also if you going to go on about heating... my heating is perfect tempretures, after feed she goes straight on cool side of the viv, the warm side isn't even too hot, i tried to have the heat lamp permanently off (makes the viv about 24 degrees C) with just heat mat on but no... still goes on the cool side... every day when i handle her she is really cold... should i place the heat lamp in the center of the viv?

please give me advise

MinLynn
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Well,preferably you should be using a UTH(under tank heater). That way it's easier to measure exactly what temps the snake is sitting on. Your snake may not have poo'ed because it may have been going into blue or is getting ready to shed. All my snakes do not poo if they are blue or just coming out of blue and will then explode as soon as they shed,usually in their shed! I've heard of giving them a warm bath to get them to go,though. The white stuff is urates,if it's an older snake on fuzzies then poo should look like,well,poo! As for the slimy stuff that's probably just because it was in water when you saw it.

Daveeee
08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
What is this "Blue"
what is the proper term for it so i can read up on it?
my snake shedded approx 2 weeks ago, every since then it has been acting kinda weird

MinLynn
08-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Blue is just a term used to describe the milky opaque coloring that snakes get when they are getting ready to shed. Their eyes will generally turn a blue color and their skin will become extremely dull. How old is your snake, again?

bitsy
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
every day when i handle her she is really cold
Remember that a Corn's ideal maximum temperature is lower than human body temperature - it should always feel cool or cold when you touch it.