PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of Poo?

Frequency of Poo?

Dreyy
11-06-2003, 04:33 AM
Hi guys, would like your opinions here.

Basically, after a feeding, my 1 1/2 year old lets go either the day after or 2 days after the feeding. Fuzzy poop for two days. After that, the poop goes back to normal, i.e. no fuzz, but it still is rather consistent, as in..poo practically everyday! Only after...say..a week after he's eaten, then he doesnt poo that often anymore
It get's frustrating, i faithfully change the newspapers daily, sometimes even twice daily. That normal? or does he just have slow digestion. Had no problems with regurges though.

oh, FyI : poo looks normall, sometimes rather powdery, but no excess water/ abnormal colour as far as i can tell due to my limited experience
Feeding is 2 small mice a week. One on Sat, and another on Thurs.

Cheers!

Jin :)

Skye
11-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Just a comment - if I was feeding two small mice a week, I would do them both oin the same day, and then not offer food again until the next week. This would help to consolidate the numbers of poos.

Skye

Dreyy
11-06-2003, 10:52 AM
I thought of that and did try feeding him 2 at a go, but he wouldnt take the second. it's kinda hard enough to make him take the first! he seems to be alil less enthusiastic about eating now. maybe coz when i first got him not long ago he wasnt really fed so often. he's getting pampered! :D

Thanks!

Jin

moreptiles
11-06-2003, 01:43 PM
I would say that this is normal for your snake. I have snakes that do exactly the same thing, and others that only go every 3-5 days. It just seems to be an individual thing. As the snake gets bigger It will probably change and not happen every day (at least that happened in my cases). So I would stick with the 2 a week feeding schedule so he will grow faster, and outgrow this sooner.

The other thing I noticed is that these snakes that poo every day also seem to grow a little slower than normal. Maybe the food just goes through the system too fast, and all the nutrients aren't absorbed.

Mark