PDA

View Full Version : wont eat/has spots

wont eat/has spots

Enlightened
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone thanks for checkin out the post.
Its been 18 days since she ate. When she eats she eats a lil less than half of a pinky. If I put her in a dark place with the food she'll just go to sleep. I've left it in there for half of a day once.
Also has spots but I think they are her organs. There's a long redish one in the middle and a green one above it and below it. Plus 3 green ones near her tail. Will provide pics when I get home around 7pm est.
Anyone have any ideas? My friend told me her snake went a month without eating fine. When I wake up then I wake her up and refill the water bowl. Once she sees the refilled water bowl she drinks like mad. That's happens every morning flawless so I don't think she unhealthy.

bitsy
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Try leaving the pinky in with her overnight.

The internal organs are visible in lighter coloured COrns, so I think that's all you're seeing there.

Enlightened
09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Tried the over night idea and it didn't work. Day 19, she just looks at it then turns away. I should be more speedy about the pics. Omw into the city now and I don't have them on my sd card. Anyone with any other ideas? Or maybe she's just not hungry....I don't know anyone with a suggestion please post.

Cornsnake124
09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
oh she's hungry......

There are tons of different things you can do. You can brain a pinky, which is cutting a slit in its head to make smells come out. You can scent a pinky in beef broth, chicken broth, and tuna juice. and, you can wash the pink, which is washing it with soapy water then rising it good before feeding.

carnivorouszoo
09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
My anery wouldn't eat at first, I had to cut the pink into thirds before he would eat the first time. Let me say, it was nasty but I'd do it again in a heartbeat to make sure my sweeties eat. The next feeding he had it in halfsies the third he ate whole and has been eating whole since. Good luck!

speirsaaron
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
if u have a hamster or u breed mice u could put the mouse on the bedding as to create the smell of hamsters then place the bedding with the mouse on it in the viv .. i haven had to do this myself but that is what i was told if my corn wouldn't eat :) hope u figure it out , good luck !

Enlightened
09-09-2009, 01:38 AM
I do chop it up, thats the only way she'll eat. I put it in whole once and she just starred at it so I chopped it up and she likes it in pieces but she wont even mess with the pieces. Day 20 BTW. not sure what she wants.