PDA

View Full Version : My new snake won't eat his frozen pinkie!

My new snake won't eat his frozen pinkie!

themichaelchoi
09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Yes, it's a new snake and it's his first pinkie. It's only been four days since we got him, and we tried feeding him yet he doesn't seem interested in the mouse at all. Is he not hungry? Should we wait? And does the size of the feeding container matter? (He is about 15 inches.) Does he need room to move or something? Please help.

marike
09-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Hi,

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

There are some suggestions by Kathy Love about non-eating baby corns.
Also feeding after only 4 days may have been too early. when he's not settled in jet, he might be too stressed out to eat.

Suzy
09-09-2009, 04:52 AM
I know this sounds silly, but did you thaw out the pinky? (Some people don't realize they have to be thawed - that's why I ask.)
If you've thawed it, then I would agree with marike. I would wait 1 week and try again. Put the snake in a small opaque container (such as a tall cottage cheese container) with the mouse, put the lid on, put it in a secure location (such as the viv) and leave the snake alone for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you feed it in the evening, you may have a better chance of it eating.
Good luck!

ladypunk123
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I know this sounds silly, but did you thaw out the pinky? (Some people don't realize they have to be thawed - that's why I ask.)

HAHAHA I totally made this mistake when my parents first intrusted me to feed their snakes! I felt like such an idiot! :laugh: it's definitely a good question to ask!

themichaelchoi
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Ok thank you. Yes, I thawed it out already and made it warm. I will wait until Saturday to try feeding him again.