PDA

View Full Version : POO!

POO!

themichaelchoi
09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Now how long after it eats does it usually go poo? Should the snake be left in the feeding container to do its thing or back in the tank? Does it smell? Are there any signs to look for to know it's going to poo soon? Just curious. :)

marike
09-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi,

mine usually need 3-4 days to digest. I read that with adults, up to 6 days is normal. In that time most snakes hide and don't wander around in the tank. So one sign you can look for is a moving snake ;).
After 3 days I open the tank anyway to change water and then I can smell if there is poo or not. If baby corn poo smell noticeable, I don't know (mine's 2 jears now). Often it's visible from the outside, because mostly it's somewhere near the waterbowl (my observation).
So, yes, sure you put the snake back in the tank after feeding. :p

ceduke
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Baby poop smell isn't really noticeable, but with the adults it can be. :) One of my snakes can clear a room pretty fast!

Oh, and don't stress too much if you can't find the poop in the bedding. It's tiny, and sometimes it just vanishes. >.<

medusacoils
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh, and don't stress too much if you can't find the poop in the bedding. It's tiny, and sometimes it just vanishes. >.<

They should include that as one of the mysteries, in the game of "Clue". :sidestep:

Wayne

francka
09-10-2009, 02:24 PM
My little one - she is old 2 month - poo after 2-3 days you can smell it but doesn't stink much

ceduke
09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
On a random note - one of my snakes makes a LOUD "squish" noise when she goes. It freaks my husband out!