PDA

View Full Version : is it shy or unsecure? :S

is it shy or unsecure? :S

DarkSmoke
09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
so my snake somehow ate today when i left him alone with the mouse in his viv and me and my gf left my room and went to the kitchen :S and then my girlfriend went in my room and i asked her if he ate and she said he did and he ate it :|

why did he eat when we abandoned the room? :/ he used to eat infront of us without probs :S is he shy or feeling unsecure when there is people in the room ? :S and do i have to leave the room everytime i feed my snake and wait out of my room till he eats? is he stressed or something? overhandling ?

thanks in advanced for your help. im really confused about this :SS

glenhead
09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
You'll drive yourself insane trying to figure out why a snake does something. This is especially true with a young one. Their instincts are to avoid being eaten, find the temperature that feels best at that moment, and find something to eat. We now have 22 hatchlings, and their attitudes and actions are all across the spectrum. If one approach doesn't work, we try another, and don't plan that what works one time with a given snake will work the next time. As your snake matures, it may fall into a more predictable pattern, but I'd recommend just being patient for now and learning from your snake.