PDA

View Full Version : Has a new target during feeding

Has a new target during feeding

Tangoowner
09-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey all,

Had my corn hybred for about 6 months now. Good strong eater, very quick to feed, quick in general. I feed him in a separate container and usually the thawed out fuzzy with tweezers. This usually resulted in a quick bite and feeding. Now he flips out when he sees the tweezers, hissing and rattling his lil tail and ignores the mouse.

If i drop the mouse in without him seeing the tweezers he eats, so problem solved for now. But any ideas why the sudden change?

Lennycorn
09-11-2009, 08:57 PM
No can't figure that one . but as long as he eats...so what.

RobbiesCornField
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
He probably see's the tweezers as a competitor trying to take his mouse away from him.

Nanci
09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I'd just put the mouse in first.

Tangoowner
09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Thats an interesting theory,

yeah its weird, as long as he eats im happy, just thought it would be cool to get some theories on it.

Glad its the tweezers and not my hands. lol

medusacoils
09-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I think you should give them both a time out. Then have them talk about their differences and end with a hug. This behavior shouldn't be tolerated. They used to be friends! ;)

J/K of course!!

The snake probably didn't notice the tweezers at first and then one day, "OMG, what the heck is that?" I feed in a seperate bin as well. Try not to put the tweezers all the way in and dangle, Mr. Jingles, in at the edge, so he can't see the tweezers.

Good Luck,

Wayne