PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester is unusually limp!

Sylvester is unusually limp!

Medevil_Nuke
09-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Today I went to go get Sylvester out for his usual feeding, but he was unusually limp and unresponsive. I'm really starting to believe he is dead. What is wrong with him? Need to go to the vet asap tomorrow!

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 12:00 AM
you think he is dead? does he have any type or responsive movement to ANYTHING?? i would say get him to a vet asap. when i opened this thread i was ready to say that he might have been sleeping when you picked him up. But, that does not sound the case. again, GET TO A VET ASAP!!!

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Hes moving close to nothing, like only when I touch him or pick him up. He moves only his head to not look at the ground, but his entire self is completely limp though... I'm pretty sure he's on his last legs. I feel so powerless.

Rich in KY
09-16-2009, 12:03 AM
When did he start acting like this?

Has there been a change in his viv or surroundings?

What is the temp of his viv?

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 12:07 AM
get him to a vet as soon as you can. but i think i have already said that.....

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 12:07 AM
His viv is at 78-84

Nothing new in his viv

I don't know exactly I just noticed the moment I went to feed him tonight around 10:00...
I hope he's just sleeping, but from what it seems hes on his last legs...

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
are you using a thermometer?

If he is not getting a little more active i would guess there is something seriously wrong with him... keep handling or keep him "active" to see if he kinda wakes up, though i would doubt it works... Does he have anything odd about him? like wheezing, dots on belly, eyes looking weird, mucus coming out of nose, etc..etc..etc.........

where exactly is your nearest vet?

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 12:15 AM
My closest vet is about 15 minutes away, and closed right now. Trying to keep him active didn't try to do anything as he would just run out of energy and just give. Nothing else other than his innate limpness seems to be present though...

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
get him to the vet as soon as they open..

I am really getting worried from the symptoms you are describing. It almost sounds like the worst thing it could be.. That he is already dead but the nerves are reacting to the light fluctuations... If he is dead, that means that he will continue to do this for about 12 or so hours.. It happened to me once when i found a garter snake that had been chopped in half. It acted just like a live snake, but it was of course, dead.

lets just hope that is not the case...

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
The only emurgence animal hospital around only does cats and dogs here.
I won't get squat will around 7:30 at least tomorrow, by which will be a problem...

The_Thunderer
09-16-2009, 12:55 AM
I certainly hope that he is okay. My thoughts are with you and Sylvester...

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
:awcrap:No signs of life today, woke up today to find him completely gone.
Cause of death still remains unknown, nature beats us again.
Now the next thing on my mind is how to properly take care of his corpse. :(

Roy Munson
09-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear it...

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Well, we can't do anything know but to just accept what happened. I just really wish I knew why he died... I've read somewhere that this can happen just randomly esspecially in younger corns, anyone have anything to add to that?

CrousesCorns
09-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry for your loss....I was reading and I knew this was going to be the outcome. I have had the same thing happen to me. There's really nothing that one can do. One night weak and motionless and in the morning dead. For the corpse I pick a place and bury it where I can remember my pet with and home made cross. Kind of like in the western movies near trees.

Medevil_Nuke
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
That sounds fitting, I was hoping to do something of the sort. I don't know if I'll jump right on the bandwagon and get another corn soon, at the moment I'm guessing this is an excuse for me to focus all my attention on school now...
Its really sad that things had to come out the way they did.

Thank you all for your sweet words.

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 06:22 PM
sorry for your loss.

Put your snake in the freezer, you might want to get an autopsy.

here is my full salute.
:( :nope: :crying: :cry:

and it appears that they have gotten rid of my violin player...

Oh and i sent you a PM.

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
cut that, pm canceled.

Cornsnake124
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
UGH,,, i am still going to pm you, just later...

danielle
09-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry about the little guy:( Sometimes it just happens with no real outward explanation.

The_Thunderer
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Caryl
09-16-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Lauri
09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
so sorry to hear of your loss..:crying:

ericswan_1
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I can relate to how you are feeling right now. i went in to check on our snakes last night and found the exact same thing. temps are good he was eating fine and everything. he was limp also with very little responce and this morning was dead. we have to drive about 50 miles for vet and no exotic emergency. our hands were tied also, felt like we could only watch him die. sorry not tring to steal your thread. my deepest sympothy

Eric