PDA

View Full Version : clicking noises while eating ? (this thread might be in the wrong place )

clicking noises while eating ? (this thread might be in the wrong place )

speirsaaron
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
when i gave medusa the mouse she as usual sniffed about it then ate it but as she was eating i could hear a sort of wet clicking .. is this something ? or am i jus over reacting ?

also shes been drinking alot more recently . is this just her been thirsty or is it connected with the clicking ?

thanks in advance :)

RobbiesCornField
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Do you hear the clicking at any other time?

speirsaaron
09-17-2009, 05:20 PM
nope just when shes eating ..

RobbiesCornField
09-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Could be bones in the mouse breaking. :shrugs:

speirsaaron
09-17-2009, 06:07 PM
would it be anything serious tho ? like shes not actin any diff but still didn't think i should be able to hear clicks :P

RobbiesCornField
09-17-2009, 06:15 PM
would it be anything serious tho ? like shes not actin any diff but still didn't think i should be able to hear clicks :P

Well, if you can't hear the clicking at any time other than when eating, I don't think it would be too serious. It might even have something to do with the jaw "dislocating" and popping back in to place.

pwargcm
09-17-2009, 06:28 PM
ive heard this clicking during a yawn once or twice. repositioning the jaw. but if you listen after you feed him a few days. handle him and listen and see if you can hear it. clicking could be a respiratory infection, but its not the only time it could be heard either. like said about the yawn.

speirsaaron
09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
true ... thanks i'l look at her more closely when she out and about and see if i hear anything

speirsaaron
09-17-2009, 06:31 PM
oh hope she doesn't have the respiratory thing :S when shes digested her food (fed her today ) i'l pick her up and have a listen . thanks

danielle
09-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I have one that clicks while in shed everytime it could be that time soon too. Only freak if it is something you hear while not eating or in shed for more than a day or too:)

jpccusa
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I've noticed the clicking sound when my snake is eating as well. I am almost sure it is due to respiration... pretty normal.

Xaceospades
09-18-2009, 03:07 PM
You know i don't know if this could be it but you could just not be seeing him rattle his tale cause when i feed my snake as soon as he sees the mouse he starts to rattle his tale and it could be his tale hitting something :eatsmiley

speirsaaron
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
nah it aint her tail rattling cos i can only here the clicks when the mouse is atleast half way into her mouth and she dusn rattle her tail (well she never has anyway :P) il listen to her tomo when i can pick her up ..