• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

other than mice?

metallica fish

i have 9 non feeding corns (was 10 :( )

im gunna try all the different methods of feeding them pinkies... but i was wondering if any of you used anything other than mice?

thanks

I try dunking the heads of pinkies in the oil from a tin of tuna, before feeding. It isn't a cure-all, but it usually gets 1 or 2 of my non-feeders interested each year. (I use tuna oil, as I don't know whether a Corn's digestion could cope with the salt content of brine).

Other than that, baby anoles or anole tail sections are an option in the US, but difficult (and more expensive) to source here in the UK. Plus that can be a "gourmet" diet that a pain to wean them off. Maybe see if you can get some shed anole skin from your friendly local reptile shop, and cover the pinkie with that before offering?

I've used tuna scenting as well, but with tuna in water not in oil. I would think the oil would cause diahrrea, but maybe not, its just not something they would come in contact with in the wil, so I stick with tuna in water. It has worked pretty well.

Look around on here for other methods, there is plenty of information.

Back