PDA

View Full Version : Colorations in the wild

Colorations in the wild

Kilojara16
06-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Do all the different color variations occur in wild corns? I don't live where any could be found and I was just wondering if all wild corns were just normal.

CornsnakeKeeper
06-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Amels, anerys, and I believe snows are very rare. Then again, Rich lets some go each year, I believe as do some other breeders? I want to go snake-hunting on his property. Wild lavenders, butters and more! ehehe:D

Serpwidgets
06-04-2002, 02:38 AM
I don't think amels are very common in nature. The sun is your enemy when you don't have melanin.

The most recent thing I heard on wild Anerys is that parts of Florida have something like 10% of the population expressing anery. (?) It makes sense, though, I see no reason why anerys would suffer any survival disadvantage.

I haven't heard of any other mutants (caramel, lav, blood, hypo, motley, striped, etc) being found commonly in the wild.

I've never heard of any breeders letting corns go.

kenalotia
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
I think hypos appear in the wild occasionally. I could be wrong though, so don't hold me to it.

Varieties like Okeeteee, Miami, and Kisatchie are also found in the wild. They aren't exactly color morphs, though. :)