PDA

View Full Version : Big Screen TV Vivarium...

Big Screen TV Vivarium...

imstock
09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Over the course of the last two weeks, I have been researching more and more into the needs and behaviors of my new pet. Finding out that the aquarium that was given to us with Moe was to small, I wanted to find something larger we could put him into which would allow him to exercise and stretch out more.

Well, I found it...

view-source:http://images01.olx.com/ui/1/10/83/3100783_1.jpg

It's an old Mitsubishi big screen TV, which I have gutted. Over the next few weeks, I plan to build up a vivarium inside it. I will keep this thread up to date with new info and photos as I progress.

Anyone ever done something?

imstock
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, mega-copy-paste-fail...

http://images01.olx.com/ui/1/10/83/3100783_1.jpg

speirsaaron
09-21-2009, 02:14 PM
holy crap haha never seen anything like this but i say good luck it would be awesome :) .. actually would it not be a bit big for the snake ? unless u pack it full of hides and trees and bushes and what not :P

airenlow
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Hmm...this should be an interesting project! Good luck!

imstock
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
holy crap haha never seen anything like this but i say good luck it would be awesome :) .. actually would it not be a bit big for the snake ? unless u pack it full of hides and trees and bushes and what not :P

Yea, it's going to be huge, but there will be a definite hot and cold side, several hides, a water hole, etc.

The back wall will be a craggy rock wall, thanks to Great Stuff. and the floor will be a mix of carved foam hides/tunnels and Raptibark with plants and branches. I know Corns aren't arboreal so it wont be to high.

pwargcm
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
awesome. i almost bought one of those old tvs that look like furniture to do this before. i love garage sales. if this goes good for you i might think about doing it again. cool project. keep us updated.

on a side note itd be cool if you put in a top and bottom floor. but make there only a few small holes for him to get to the bottom. and make it like the underground.

Mary29456
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
do you have any new pics of this project? Id love to see

AliCat37
03-02-2013, 11:47 PM
You might be surprised if you allow climbing room! Some corns love to climb. This is an awesome idea :)

tabitharowland
03-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Wow, what an interesting idea. There are tons of old TV's that are busted constantly being tossed out at my apartment complex. May have to steal this idea when my baby grows up!

WestCoast_Redneck
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I wish he had followed through with Progression pics. This would definitely have been an interesting DIY project with huge potential!

Pyzik
03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
What a GREAT idea! I love re-purposing things.

EDIT: I see this was a bump of an old thread.
Still a cool idea though.

CuriousHerping
03-17-2013, 04:07 AM
PLEASE DO THIS PROJECT! Too much epicness to not do it! Please give us a pic of the end result once you're done! :D