PDA

View Full Version : Never say NEVER~~~~~~~~:~

Never say NEVER~~~~~~~~:~

PSYCOSNAKEMOM
11-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Of all the babies we had this pass year, I still have five that won't eat (wouldn't eat) on their own. BUT I just discovered another trick to the endless hints and stratgies that I have gotten on this site. Hope this helps someone else. It just sort of came to me, I tried it last night on three of the little guys and it worked. I have always thawed out the pinkies in a plastic bag sealed by placing it in warm water for a few minutes, well I think that even though it's just a little bit of heat and a short amount of time it was still "cooking" the pinks a little, So last night I just thawed out the pinkies in an empty container, no heat, for about 15 minutes, I cut off their heads, dropped the bodies in and after about 30 minutes of checking it out, they ate them!
In the past I have cut off heads, bashed brained, smeared with anoles, drops of scents, stood on my head, you name it any idea that I found on this site, I tried.
Live never worked, I think that they were "shy" and those kicking pinkies just scared them too much because they alway bolted the other way. I would leave the live pink in the feeding container for 24 hours with no luck. I did different times of the day, different temps, different containers, after baths, before baths.......well, you know, you've been there maybe.
I have been force feeding small mice parts, mostly tails, so maybe it was just time for them. But what can I say it's worth a shot if anyone is still dealing with non eaters try this technique. I'd love to know if it works or not, or if it was just that my guys gave up "Oh well, if she's going to keep throwing it down our throats then perhaps we'll just eat." Thanks~~~~~~~~:~ Happy Sam

Jimmy Johnson
11-15-2003, 04:30 PM
I am glad it worked for you.
I have a yearling that is sometimes picky about how "cooked" it's thawed pinkies are.
I usually thaw mine under a basking light and sometimes I will be busy with something else and by the time I am ready to feed the snakes some of the mice are almost medium rare....lol
She doesn't like them cooked.
Keep us posted on how they are comming along
good luck

Simon
11-15-2003, 04:53 PM
glad that it worked for you and they have finally ate on their own~
great work!
a job well done!