PDA

View Full Version : How many fuzzy's?

How many fuzzy's?

MariaOrrom
11-16-2003, 04:07 AM
Hi
My Indi is now on to fuzzies, the pinkies weren't enough, weren't even giving him a blip in his tum tum. And he was out everyday looking for more. So I started him on fuzzies last week and he is more satisfied now and stays hidden for 48hours after, more content. But he still seems to think he should feed on them every 4-5days. They are small fuzzies, and make a little bulge in him but nothing major. Is it ok to feed him that often or should I feed him once a week. He is doing great. Hes almost 4 mths old now and must be at least 18in. Hes shedding 2-3 weeks.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Maria:D

blito
11-16-2003, 05:16 AM
growing like a weed by the sounds of it!

i`ve always had Chione on a less than intense feeding routine, feeding suitable sized items every 7-10 days. She seems content with this, as she always has been.
Having said that, she isn`t all that big and only sheds every 2 or 3 months, but that isn`t a result of my underfeeding her - its her own genetics.. when i tried to feed her more often she wasn`t interested.
I guess the thing is to see how often your snake will eat, for a 4 month old corn , i dont think a 5 day feeding schedule would cause any harm provided the snake eats well and keeps the food down and has fully digested and passed the meal before you offer more food.

MariaOrrom
11-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks, ya hes so active and really actually comes out knocking on the viv glass when the 4th day is up, he eats as soon as he is put beside a mouse! He never regurges or anything. So I guess I will give him one every 5 like I have been doing. Just don't want to over feed.
Thanks again.
Maria:cool:

MariaOrrom
11-16-2003, 10:05 AM
This was just taken today of my beautiful, growing boy! I say 'boy' but I really don't know what sex he is!
Isn't he gorgeous!
Maria

MariaOrrom
11-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Indi aged nearly 4 months!

Ice9
11-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Thats a lovely snake you have there.

Im no expert but looking at the long tapering tail Id say thats a boy :)

MariaOrrom
11-16-2003, 12:05 PM
AW gee thanks! A boy? Wow thanks for that too!
Maria:)

Clint Boyer
11-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Here's a pic of a 'good' sized meal.
http://www.molalla.net/~cboyer/01charcoal

And I wouldn't count on that snake being male. It's tough to tell where the vent is located but my guess would be female.

Skye
11-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm terrible at guessing sex from pics, so I won't even try, but great looking snake, and certainly growing fast!

Skye

MegF.
12-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Beautiful snake! Looks a lot like my boy, er, girl, er....who knows!