PDA

View Full Version : regurgitation

regurgitation

issahart12
09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
My almost year old, albino okatee corn, is taking pinkies fine. I have jumped him up to fuzzies 2x's and he has regurged both times. The last time was 48 hours after feeding. Temp. is 80-85. Humidity is 30-40. What is regurge protocol? Thanks..Issa

marike
09-29-2009, 04:37 AM
The regurge protocol by Kathy Love, you can find here:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Humidity seems a little too low for me. 40-50% shuld be fine. Maybe you can provide a wetbox (box with an entrance hole and damp moss.

bitsy
09-29-2009, 05:30 AM
Yup, Kathy's regurge protocol should see you right again.

Regurging after an increase in food sizes, usually means that they aren't ready to go up yet. I'd go back to the pinkies for a few feeds and try fuzzies again later. Is it taking 2 or 3 pinkies at a time? I usually make sure that they can take multiple pinkies before offering a fuzzy. Might be worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

Nanci
09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
It's nice if you can buy a 25-pack of fuzzies at a show, too. Usually they will have packs with smaller fuzzies, and then you can further sort those by size so he is starting off with the very smallest when you go back to fuzzies again.

Nanci
09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
You know what else will help, starting now and continuing until he's on adult mice, I'd slit the mice. Take a small scissors and cut about four slits through the skin of the mice's backs, and even the skulls. After a regurge, I even slit the sides of the mouse for about a year. It makes them _way_ easier to digest. I've never had a problem with a snake taking a mouse literally rolled in Nutribac till it looks like a powdered sugar doughnut, but you need to very gently rinse the snake under the faucet in room temp water before replacing him in his viv because Nutribac plus mouse juice is like Superglue.