PDA

View Full Version : Skin issues again :S

Skin issues again :S

DarkSmoke
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
so last time my snake sheded the skin was in pieces and i had to help him shed.
this time when he had the blue eyes i started putting him in a bowl of warm water for 10mins 3times a day and sprayed water in his vivarium for humidity.
today he sheded and its skin broke in half. not in many pieces like last time but in middle of shed the skin broke he continued shedding and the skin broke again in the tail which he didnt continue to remove and removed it myself.

can any one tell me what more can i do se he doesnt have shedding problems again next time? i don't know what more to do. thanks in advance.

bitsy
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
When you see him go blue, put a humid hide in with him. He can then sit in a warm damp environment for as long as he likes and the shed should be very much easier. Eve spraying the viv might mean that it only hs increased humidity in there for a short period of time.

It's still good that you' ve seen an improvement from the last shed - make sure he loses those eye caps and tail tip and keep up the good work!

DarkSmoke
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
yes i sprayed water on tissues in his hideout. but still didnt solve the issue. yes he lost his eyecaps and i removed the tail tip completly

VickyChaiTea
10-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Well, the sock you gave him sounds like it DID solve the issue, at least a bit. lol I suggest the moist hide also. I bet his next shed will be better than this one if things go as planned. n___n

VickyChaiTea
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
HAH, sock, I meant to say SOAK. lmao, socks apparently help snakes to shed.