PDA

View Full Version : not shed in a while

not shed in a while

luvisme3
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
My corn snake is about 5 months old now. I have had her since July and she has shed regularly every 4 weeks. However she hasn't shed in the last 7 weeks and she still hasn't turned blue. Should I be worried? Is there maybe a problem with her viv temperature?
Thanks
Hannah

Lennycorn
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't be worried. You might of miss it turning blue. What morph is it??

francka
10-19-2009, 03:29 AM
She/he should be fine. My snake is smaller then yours and shed every 6-8 weeks.

Asbit
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Shedding does not happen on a regular basis where you can say "gee it has been 4 weeks and no shed there must be a problem". It all depends on each snake and the rate of growth they are experiencing at that time. When they are younger they grow faster and tend to shed more often. As they age their growth rate slows some and the shedding frequency does as well. It is common that as full grown adults many snakes only shed once or twice a year.

I would not be worried, odds are your snakes growth pattern has slowed some and sheds will be less frequent now.

danielle
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
How old is the snake? If its still young this may be a way of telling you to move up a size depending on what size mice this one is eating. If your feeding pinks still then double pinks would be the next logical step, then fuzzies, hoppers, weanlings, and small mice. Their shedding cycles coincide with growth so when they are young and shedding is prolonged a good bet is the rate of growth has slowed because the meal is no longer adequate:)

KINGSRULE
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I had a problem with one of my balls doing that. And it went like 6 weeks without sheading and it turned out for the worst. I did everything I could moist hides everything. I don't mean to sound down I am just telling you what happened to mine.

kpkp123
10-23-2009, 06:14 AM
if he is eating and pooping then I wouldn't be worried right now