• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding problem

Xavier

Hello Everyone,
I'm away from home while my wife cares for the animals right now. I have a amel corn hatched in August I've had it about 2 months had 4-5 feeding and eats well. I have it in a 10 gallon for now with papertowel substrate, a humid hide box, one cork log, and a water dish. I have a heat tape under the tank set to 90. Teh corn spend its days in the log. Its now having its second shed my wife said its been just pats its face a few days now so I told her to put it in the humid and out the water dish on top for 3 hours and all should be well. But I still need to fix the humidty issue. If I get cocoa nut bark chips and mist halve the cage daily (morning) will this do the job?
Xavier

Corns should be able to do well in almost all our homes current humidity. A humid hide can serve to stop shedding problems by allowing the snake to choose when it needs humidity.

If you do feel your house is a little dry then try misting for 3-4 days before a shed.

If he doesn't seem to use the humid hide on his own trying placing one in both the cool and warm sides of the tank so he can use them even if he wants cool, or heat. Make sure they are also dark and secure to entice him to use them.

If he has skin stuck to him, place him in a wet pillow case, or rubbermaid with wet towels inside it for an hour or so.

bmm

Thanks for the info

The cage is about 30% humidty and I live in vegas so its stay aboptu that all the time. I figured doign what you suggested isn;t correcting the problem its just dealign with it as it comes. I could do that but IMO it would be best to try and raise it to about 50 %.

Back