• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rich

Actually Rich,

All of the links on the right are not working (at least not yet or not for me)

Maybe you know this already. But Just to let you know~
Just in case~

Yeah, I have heard that from other people, yet the really weird thing is that it is working for me.

Something very wrong has happened with the DNS information. For instance, I am now able to do to this site (CornSnakes.com) on the new server without a problem just by typing in the name of the URL. However, when I type in FaunaClassifieds.com, I am still accessing the OLD server! I need to use the direct IP address in order to reach it. Yet other people are reaching it fine via the domain name.

I suspect the problem with the banner ads may be because of this problem, but until I have my own access to it all properly, I really can't do much about trouble shooting the problem.

I also moved all of the domains I am hosting for other people onto their own server, and that process is screwy as well. Without getting to technical, I kept the name of the new box they are on the same as the old box, so all I would need to do is to change the IP addresses of the HERPDNS03 nameserver record. Should have been easy as pie. But I see that some of those hosted domains are still pointing to the old server and some to the new server. On top of that, a kernel upgrade was done on that new box and for some reason the box died.

So much for a nice relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.......

Rotating Herpshows.com Banner Ad

The red, rotating Herpshows.com banner ad on the right hand side is all screwed up. As it goes forward and starts the rotation, it flashes a red block over the entire ad and then resets the letters to the proper upright position.

Whats annoying is that it does this twice as fast as the letters should go normally, so it's like a red strobe light on the right hand side, very distracting and annoying when I'm trying to read or post pics.

I think it'd make an epilpetic have a seizure. =P

I can save the ad to my computer, and then put it in an e-mail, and it works perfectly. But on the browser it's all messed up. All of the other ads work great and are appearing where they should be.

Misty,

There is just not a darned thing I can do about it until this DNS problem resolves itself. The banner ad software resides on the FaunaClassifieds.com domain and that domain is basically inaccessible to me except in those programs that are using relative addressing for internal links. The banner ad software uses absolute links, so I can't even get into it at all.

Honestly, this particular problem isn't top on my priority list right now. You wouldn't believe the mess this crap has made of everything.

Re:

Rich,

It's ok. The problem seems to have resolved itself, as I type this the banner is currently on the page and is acting normally (there is a God).

And I can imagine the problems you're having, and I don't wish to be in your shoes right now. I've seen what a simple server switch can do to a website that's mostly e-mail addresses, and not much graphics pages. It was nasty. =P

Back