PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ASF rats near Ocala,FL

Looking for ASF rats near Ocala,FL

psychoprimate84
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I was trying to start a colony of 1.3 but my male died! Am looking to buy several more. Let me know your price and location. Thanks!

CaptBogart
11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm down by Tampa, which may be too far for you, but I have a few that will be ready to go in about a week...

psychoprimate84
11-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I might be interested, actually. Nobody around here has ASF that they want to part with!

CaptBogart
11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, just let me know when you might be up for a cruise down, and I won't feed them off. How many are you looking to get?

psychoprimate84
11-17-2009, 07:56 AM
5 females, 3 males would be good. Would you be able to spare an adult male? Not sure of how young your available ones are.

CaptBogart
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
5 females, 3 males would be good. Would you be able to spare an adult male? Not sure of how young your available ones are.

I already fed off the sub-adults, but I found trying to introduce a new male usually gets him killed. I was told to put vanilla on their butts next time so they all smell the same, so will try that if I get into that situation again... I have a lot that are nursing, and a couple that are about to be weaned.

psychoprimate84
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Looks like I won't need to buy some after all! My male died a couple weeks ago. I guess he still got 2 of my 3 females prego! I thought they might be, but wasnt completly sure. One of them just gave birth tonight! Not sure how many yet because I will leave them alone for a few days except for food and water. OMG I am so excited now. I will start future colonies on the babies (depending on how many survive). I definatly will be selling some off when they get older so other people in my area can have some too.