PDA

View Full Version : Need some avice about my future ball python's viv

Need some avice about my future ball python's viv

DarkSmoke
11-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I know this is a cornsnake forum but i tought still some of you could give me some advice about this, i don't know if i posted in the right section so feel free to move it to another section if its in the wrong section.

Ok so soon im gonna buy a 4months old ball python.
i have an empty shelf which im gonna turn into a vivarium.

this is the picture of the shelf:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=587&pictureid=4185

its the white empty shelf near the other vivarium , the other one is my cornsnake's viv so you can make some comparason.

the meserments are like this :

with = 18cm
lenght = 76.5cm
height = 28.5cm

what concerns me a bit is the with, but i think it should be good for a few months or a year to a 4months ball python. well i'll leave that to you experts :P

bitsy
11-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I'd get your regurging Corn Snake stable before bringing another snake into the house. It's always possible that the regurging is being caused by something contagious.

Maize411
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I'd get your regurging Corn Snake stable before bringing another snake into the house. It's always possible that the regurging is being caused by something contagious.

I agree with this statement :)

DarkSmoke
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
too late, its here now.
so back to my question...

bitsy
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
It's in quarantine though, right? Because you shouldn't bring a new snake into the same room as an existing one (especially one in not-so-great health). You need to make sure the new one isn't carrying anything that might harm your other one,which takes a few months of observation.

DarkSmoke
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
uhmm , we'll talk about what should i do about that in another treath , right now i need to know if that shelf is big enough for a few months , so tomorow i'll go cut the glasses and but stuff for his new home.

Maize411
11-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I think the width is a little too short..maybe you could just buy a 20L tank or even a 10 gallon tank for now to last him..but I think that book shelf is going to make him feel kind of cramped..

Asbit
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
DarkSmoke

This is being posted to you with the utmost respect. I have been a stubborn teenager at one time and am now raising a stubborn 18 yr old. I am pointing these things out to you for a couple of reasons.

1. If you continue with the behavior you are displaying on here, you will quickly receive no responses from anyone anymore.
2. You're lack of respect and stubborn attitude is currently killing the corn snake you have and if you continue this way, you will likely kill or harm any other animal in your care. At this point your main focus seems to be on yourself(what you want to do regardless of what results it will have) and not on what is best for you animals.

Please look at your behavior listed below and try very hard not to be defensive and think of it as an attack but instead as a chance to see your actions from an outside point of view. This is meant as constructive criticism with the hopes that you will learn and grow from it, and inadvertently your animals will benefit from your personal growth.

You keep asking for help and then getting upset when people try to help you out. You choose not to carefully read what is posted as the answers to your questions and then do not follow the advice given. When things do not work out as you want them to, you blame those trying to help you, instead of taking responsibility for your own lack of reading carefully and following directions.

You have gotten angry and defensive, when people have tried to help you save the life of your corn snake by suggesting you buy specific tools to ensure it's husbandry is correct. You state you have no money and can not afford as little as $8-$15 dollars.Now you have gone out an bought another live animal. This will upset those try to help you when you get angry at them for suggesting you buy items needed to properly care for the corn snake and you say you have no money but now you have money to buy another snake!

In this post you have shown that you have not bothered to ensure you can properly provide for the one you have because when questioned about the corn snake you brush of the question and state you will address the issue in another thread and then go one about the question you started this one for.

Then when advised you should hold off on getting another animal(for the safety of the new animal, no disrespect intended to you) until you know if the corn is contagiously ill you rudely statetoo late, its here now.
so back to my question... This shows a lack of concern for the animals in your care and a lack of respect for the people on here, whom you keep coming to for advice.

You frequently post a problem and then complain about no responses or make a decision before giving anyone time to respond, again showing you do not actually care what people are going to tell you. Example, this thread was started at 6:34am on Nov 20/09, to ask if a shelf would be big enough to house a new snake in and by 10:49 am on Nov 20/09 you state you have already bought the new snake.

These actions are making you look more like a person who is simply coming to a public forum and starting multiple threads for attention and the thrill of an argument(other wise known as a troll), instead of as a person who is coming to the public forum genuinely looking for help, support and friendship in a like minded community.

Please take the time to read this post through beginning to end several times, slowly so that you can get the true tone of my post, it is not rude, harsh or ignorant, it is polite, constructive criticism meant to help you out.

DarkSmoke
11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
i know i sound rude and out of respect sometime and attack people, but i dont do it to be an idiot or to try to look cool or something i just can't stand people because they know everything and they are expert they start to get angry at me when i post something so i attack back, if you read my posts i have been attacked many times for , i ask a question m you answer with help, i question your help , but i dont do it to try to say that i know more then you , i do it because i want detailed explanations about the help you gave me cause im the curious type of guy that wants to learn and not just get help, do it, problem solved, yes trough but i dont know what really happened.

so please try to understand me too . another thing iv been raised in a country where many people claim to be experts in things then they are just plain idiots, im not saying this is the case here i know there are really experts in here but when i see someone talking as an expert and trying to make you look like plain zero for asking alot of questions and being rode i go into defenseve mode because thats how i was adepted to act in this country. and please dont tell me that people were'nt rude to me here, there where the ones that where patient to me and answered my questions even when i questioned there help , like bitsy and many others and im very thankfull to these people , but there where other people that acted to me in a way that made me act to them like that.

to the ball python part, i was really looking for a ball python , it took time to resieve a response here that that shelf is not good enough for the ball python and when i asked the petshop if that size is good they said its ok so i bought it. maybe yes, i admit , i acted a bit stupid and i should have waited for an expert response from here, again tough this shelf is just for abouth 2-3months max then im building a bigger viv. so for now it should suit him.

im not a guy that like to be aggresive to people im the relax type of guy which doesnt like people in bad moods wich acts with that "hey i know everything you do as i see im giving help here just shut up and do what im telling you without questioning else its trouble" attitude, and itts not me to be the first one to complain about this on this forum. that when people brake my relaxing mood and make me go aggressive.

but fine, i'll try to control that and don't act like that, but it musnt only come from my part.

i also understand that people in the states are going in a bad time for their crazy goverment trying to ban the pets they truly love, but not everyone should just gat attacked for making mistakes cause of that, in my case i dont have anything to do with the states. but anyway i think iv said enough, i hope you can understand me like i understood you, and please you should no better that when an 18year old wants something that really likes it will do anything to have it, in this case i really wanted that ball python and i got it, i wasnt calm enough to wait for an expert response but again i admit that. i am looking for a relaxing forum with people with patience and that can discuss help and cal m relaxing, and if that their help is questioned then they should give detailed explanations of their help and not get aggrasive,

jlindp
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
i know i sound rude and out of respect sometime and attack people, but i dont do it to be an idiot or to try to look cool or something i just can't stand people because they know everything and they are expert...

Hate to tell you, kid, but many of the people replying in your threads and trying to help are experts and do know everything.

Floof
11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
and please you should no better that when an 18year old wants something that really likes it will do anything to have it, in this case i really wanted that ball python and i got it, i wasnt calm enough to wait for an expert response but again i admit that.

I agree with everyone here. Especially Asbit. You're rude. You're seriously jumping the gun on stuff. You're blatantly ignoring excellent advice, and you really don't seem to care about your animals.

This especially bothered me, though. Really? "I'm 18, so it's understandable that I am hasty and irresponsible"? Your age is NOT an acceptable excuse by ANY means. Each and every teenager on this planet has the mental capability to take a step back and be responsible. That includes you, me, and every other person on this forum and elsewhere under 18 years of age. Your age has little to do with your haste and irresponsibility.

katt013
11-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Woah, Deja Vu.
I read a few posts similar to this this yesterday, same kid, same rude comments.

I'm 20, and I feel like you saying that because you're 18 you think is excuse enough to be rude and cocky; it's not, it puts a bad name out for the rest of us who are in a younger generation age-bracket.

If you don't want, or like, all the advice you're receiving, don't post questions? I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just saying. This is a community where knowledgeable snake-lovers come to discuss their passion and hobby, and also to HELP those of us who aren't so snake-savvy... They're going to give you similar answers because they have similar experiences-- Keeping snakes alive and well for years and years. Honestly, being young, or feeling like someone is attacking you isn't a reason to be snippy.

Asking for information is one thing, asking them to answer your question the way you want it to be answered, and no other way is accepted, is another.

I'm not trying to attack you or provoke you to fight with me. I'm just saying,
Don't be rude, I'm sure anyone would love to help if you weren't.

That being said, Asbit in particular, there are people who have tried helping you on a few of your other posts. And you don't like the answer so you keep re-posting?
You have a sick, regurgitating, corn at home, why bring another snake into the mix?
IMO, you should work on making sure the one you have is healthy before you complicate the situation with another.

Sorry if this sounds brash or rude. It's not meant to be.

DarkSmoke
12-05-2009, 04:47 AM
um , whatever you say, iv been rude because i had to be as explained before, not my fault if forums are turning into "attack the newbie so we look as good snake owners for the press and they dont ban our snakes" im unsubscribing from this old thread. any mod can now lock since it went out of point and there no more reason to continue it anyway. cheers

Maize411
12-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I never knew the press comes to our forums..Man..we must really be famous here to attract their time of day..lol ;)

katt013
12-07-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm a newbie to snakes, and to this forum. And I haven't been attacked.

Maize-- Didn't you see the long line of photographers standng in the way of your "post" button?

Urban_M86
12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
To me he is shouting banned me plz banned me