PDA

View Full Version : Concern - Fast Help

Concern - Fast Help

Leonore
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey All.

Well First Of All, I want to say that I hope you and your cornsnakes are all doing well. It has been MONTHS since I logged on. Just busy life with 3 little guys. Once school and hockey started I have had little time for anything but homework and driving to the rink. SO, sorry to do a hit and run like this. I wish I could contribute more. You all are a great safety net.

Overall, Pebbles has been great. A joy and a sweetie. We all really love her to pieces.

Rather Concerned tonight, however...
I fed her in her deli cup as usual. Left her alone for a bit, returned an hour later to see that she had eaten.
But when I went to let her back into the viv, I noticed a bit of a mess in the deli cup. Mostly clear liquid seemingly a bit thicker than water, some dark brown goo, and some yellowish stuff. No real detectable smell.

OK - I feel kinda dumb. No, SUPER DUMB. Is this her poop? Would she poop and eat at the same time? The last time I fed her was 7 days ago. I have only seen her poo in the aspen bedding, so it looks much drier than what I saw tonight. Come to think of it, i didn't see much waste from the last feeding, although I also have to admit that I never searched very carefully for it.

She didn't speed out of the cup, I kinda had to gently tilt her out and then she slithered into the hide, so I didn't inspect her body. Of course, my fear is that she regurged. But there was a nice lump in her middle.

I am NERVOUS because we are going out of town tomorrow for a full week. I have a neighbor checking her water and keeping an eye on the thermostat.

Is this anything to worry about? Is it weird that she'd poo when she feeds? Is it possible that this is anything OTHER than poo?

Can I check on her in the morning just to ease my troubled mind, or would that cause undo and unnecessary stress to a snake busy digesting her meal?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
(omg, you are all just laughing at me because this is just poo, right?)

alan
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Sounds like snake poo to me.

Hallie
11-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Agreed. Its poo. I have a few that poo whenever I put them in their feeding tubs (when I actually feed out of their bins), so I would say that it is a normal thing. :)

BTW, welcome back!

Teddy Roosevelt
11-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Isn't it funny how stuff that experienced hobbyists don't even blink an eye at can stress us newbies out so much? lol

Lennycorn
11-21-2009, 12:22 AM
It's stress until the crap all over you....then it's pissed!!

Enjoy.

Teddy Roosevelt
11-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Hahahahaha

Leonore
11-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, nervous newbie I am. But it's best to ask, right? LOL. Well, thanks for the reassurance. She has been pretty consistent in pooping about 3 days or so after the feed, so this incident a full week later threw me for a loop.
I guess I should thank her for making viv clean up easier.

bitsy
11-21-2009, 05:47 AM
It's definitely right to ask if you have any concerns about your Corn - there's no such thing as a daft question. Don't be put off asking anything in future.

And yes I agree with above - it's poop. They have no manners and will let rip in the dining room without a second thought!

James673
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Yes, nervous newbie I am. But it's best to ask, right? LOL. Well, thanks for the reassurance. She has been pretty consistent in pooping about 3 days or so after the feed, so this incident a full week later threw me for a loop.
I guess I should thank her for making viv clean up easier.

Maybe you need to give her new SNAKE-AMUCIL!!!!
Guaranteed to keep your snake regular!
Now in new Gecko flavoring! or our always classic pinky mouse flavor!

(I vote that it was probably just poop, better to ask and have it be nothing serious, then not ask and have it become something serious)