PDA

View Full Version : can you tell when a snow goes in blue

can you tell when a snow goes in blue

slipknot95758
12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
just curious because i just got mine a few days ago and was thinking about it today

Teddy Roosevelt
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Need to know this too. Last time Mouse shed I had NO idea she had even been blue!

Lennycorn
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I picked up two stripe snow a bit ago... but I haven't care to figure it out yet. But I would think the eyes would be the best indicator. Both of mine have shedded but I didn't notice the blue because of them hiding.

danielle
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Their eyes still cloud up though thats easy to miss nd they do look duller which you will be able to tell after having them awhile:)

RobbiesCornField
12-12-2009, 08:26 PM
The eyes are definitely the best indicator. Another good sign is the belly. If it's a regular snow (not motley or stripe), you'll notice the belly checkers are going to almost disappear. Any saddle pattern is also going to significantly fade.

Hallie
12-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I have a snow stripe and I definitely can see his blue ('pink') phase. I also have a blizzard, her 'pink' is a little more difficult to see, but it is still somewhat noticeable. The eyes are the best indicator, for sure.

ceduke
12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I can see it easily if I catch mine when his eyes are cloudy. Otherwise, it's tough for me to tell. I haven't really tried to though, I figure he'll shed when he's ready.

sweet~nichole~marie
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Mine surprises me all the time. I feed him and he sheds the next day. Doh!

Aislin
12-13-2009, 06:19 AM
So far the only thing I notice is the eyes. They go pale pink instead of red but I didn't realize that meant he was going to shed.

sweet~nichole~marie..I fed mine while he was shedding. He ate...and shed . Ahhh...newbie mistakes. Good thing corns are pretty resilient.

jesserca
12-13-2009, 10:52 AM
The only regurge we have had was from our snow, he ate and shed that night :( We had no idea he was even going to shed.

wendhend
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
My snows, whiteout and blizzards always surprise me with their sheds. I usually don't even notice unless they are really close, and their skin starts looking crinkly.

Floof
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
The best indicator I've found with my snow is his eyes... When he's DEEP in blue, his eyes will turn kind of a bluish lavender.

I haven't ever handled him while he was blue (he's a mean bugger!), but I'd bet his bright yellow belly checkers fade out pretty significantly, and his coloring in general (he has kind of a greenish-pink tone to his saddles) fades out some, too.

Asbit
12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Mine is a snow motley and her eyes go from red to light pink and the skin on her head feels rough instead of smooth and her pink motley dots are barely visible, that's how I know she is in shed!

whippet
12-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Some will refuse..but I have never (knock on wood) had a regurge due to a shed.

haydnrobinson
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
That's really interesting, I've always wondered if you'd be able to tell. We have a normal and her behaviour changes a lot when she's shedding, so maybe if that happens with your snake too then that would perhaps be the best indicator of shedding if it's difficult to see. and then you wouldn't have to risk feeding during shed if you felt uncomfortable with it.

slipknot95758
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
well his eyes are kinda pink around the edges now, i fed him two days ago so well see what happens