PDA

View Full Version : lost a couple scales after shed

lost a couple scales after shed

kadaysa
12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I haven't had this happen to me and wondering if I should be concerned or if I should kick up humidity a notch or anything anyone can say basically.

My okeetee had a full shed but when I took her out (I also thoroughly look over the snake and the shed to make sure all pieces are off) I noticed two white spots on her head. Wondered if shed stuck there so I then went to examining the shed and realized it was the opposite, two scales pulled off and are stuck on the shed.

Comments please. I am worried

Thank you

medusacoils
12-22-2009, 10:23 PM
My ghost had this same thing happen about a year ago. I'm not sure what caused it, but I got a little nervous too. I just put a teeny tiny bit of neosporin on it. Unfortunately, it's going to happen again, the next few times she sheds, until it completely heals.

You can try raising the humidity or using a humid hide, when she goes in the blue again. That may work?!?!

Good Luck,

Wayne

kadaysa
12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
ACK...well I do have that antibotic here but fed her and put her back in her tub, well hit her with some after a few days. Now I am on panic mode about the rest of the tubs in that rack or all racks actually now. Each rack has one tub in the middle of the rack that reads the humidity so it should have been fine but I guess not. Hope this isn't a prob with the rest of them in that rack. Thank you for the advice