PDA

View Full Version : not eating???

not eating???

blazed
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
my snow corn isnt eating! last time i fed him was 12/28 and today i put him in his feeding tank and i come back and still hasnt eaten it??? should i be worried??? or should i just wait for him to eat it??

RobbiesCornField
01-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Give him some time. How long did you leave him alone? Is it live or f/t?

wendhend
01-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I would probably leave the food in with him overnight, and it will most likely be gone by morning. It not, wait about three more days and then try again.

Urban_M86
01-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh NO! the same happened to me here is what i did.

Buzzard : Try this, Put her in a deli cup or small tupperware container(make sure there are air holes). As hot as the tap water will get, thaw your pinkie, make sure it is thawed all the way through , then get a small cup of Hot as the tap will get water, and dunk the pinkie in it for a few more minutes. Then place the pinkie in the deli cup with the snake already in it. Put the deli cup in the enclosure and let it be. It wont burn the snake. Do this in the evening and let it be until morning or until she has eaten.

If that does work, here are a few more tricks to try, do a search on the forums for details on each..... Try live pinkies, try splitting the pinkie (sometimes the blood smells triggers a feeding responce), try braining, try cutting the pinkie in half, Try dipping pinkie in tuna juice or chicken fat, Wash the pinkie with water(no soap)scrub it down with your fingers real well. Tease feeding(in Kathy Love's book),

I have a picky eater that will only eat the pinkie if I cut the head almost off. She likes the smell of blood...... I would also try waiting... Offering food only every 5 days untill it eats.

Cat eye lady: What did you try to wash it with? For us the dishsoap 'joy' as been the best.

another thing, make sure the pinkie is super small. (obvious but ya never know)

next thing y ou can try .. well, sounds abit odd but it Does work! When warming the pinkie, After it is totally thawed , put it into nearly boiling water for a few seconds. Kinda like you are trying to blanch it.... take it out and let it cool to the point where it feels still pretty warm to you..... then put it in a small covered gladware container (with holes) and cover with a dark towel and then leave for atleast one hour before checking. This got quite a few of my 'out of the egg' babies going. If, as you say, she is too weak, then you may have to force feed that from half of a pinkie every 5 days til she gets her strength back.

I wish you the best of luck! With all the non feeders I bought, out of the egg babies I got and some of my own...... I havent lost one yet so, try as I said and hope Goodluck!!

blazed
01-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Give him some time. How long did you leave him alone? Is it live or f/t?

i gave him the live pinkie in the morning and went to work and when i came back its still there.

tspuckler
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
He could be at the start of a shed cycle. With snow corns it's sometimes hard to tell when their eyes start getting cloudy. If this is the case, I wouldn't try feeding him until after he sheds. If he's been eating fine up until now, I wouldn't be too worried.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/tspuckler/06snowbaby.jpg

blazed
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
thanks for everyones help i decided to cut it up and he wont for it right away.

medusacoils
01-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Sweet! Glad you got him to eat. If it happens again, don't sweat it so much. You have time and its more than you think. I had a male go on a 7 month hunger strike. Talk about pulling your hair out. I just kept trying to feed him, on his normal feeding day. Then one day, out of the blue, he ate. He has been chowing good, since!

Good Luck

Wayne