PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about big fuzzies...

Paranoid about big fuzzies...

Hail_Britannia
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
SO, we bumped Cornwallis up to fuzzies today, and I'm getting a bit paranoid. We're following the Munson plan and I guess we should have ordered the small fuzzies instead of the regular ones, but he had been eating triple pinks and I didn't want to shortchange him. Cornwallis weighs about 26 grams and the fuzzy we fed him today was about 8 grams. He ate it, all right, but now I'm kind of freaking out. I know the mouse was a little big and it looks so huge in his little tummy...I'm keeping an eye on him, but I guess I'm just looking for opinions as to whether he'll be okay eating these. Do you guys think I just 'sploded my snake, or do you think he'll be all right digesting? HE certainly seemed to have no complaints, he even tried to death-coil the thing, but Mommy is kind of freaking out :P

Thanks!

wade
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't over stress yourself. If he swallowed it he is probably fine. Be sure your temperatures are ok and don't disturbe him for a couple of days. Wait a full week to feed again.

The girl on the right only got one pinkie, the one on the left had a large fuzzie.

jlindp
01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd just keep an eye on him and if the lump is taking longer than it should (more than 48 hours) to disappear, I'd probably maybe behead the next fuzzy or something similar to make it smaller. Also, if you haven't done it already, I'd puncture the fuzzy a few times before heating it, as I feel it aids in digestion. :}

Hail_Britannia
01-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Lol, nice, Wade.

Thanks, guys. I'll puncture the next one, for sure. His temps are currently about 74 degrees on the cool side and 80 on the warm, which is about where they've been sitting this winter. I will keep an eye out, for sure. Thanks for tolerating my anxiety :)

On a side note, this snake is a bottomless pit. Once he finally got the giant fuzzy swallowed....he was looking for more!