PDA

View Full Version : Tubs

Tubs

raynefyre
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Thinking about making a rack in the near-distant future, but I have a couple questions. What size/make of tub is best for housing adult corns? I also was wondering if it was possible to house a Hog Island Boa on a rack with them, probably a male. Does anyone else do this or know what size tub a Hoggie would need? Just planning for the future.

acer
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I use 28qt Sterilite tubs for my adult corns. As for the Hogg Island, I have no idea how big they get or what the temp requirements are for that species. If I had to guess I would say that they would need higher temps than a corn and possibly larger tubs. In either case it could make a dual purpose rack difficult to set up.

danielle
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
You would just need your hog on a separte thermostat to provide temps around 90 and of course a tub 2 ft. high, 3-4 ft. long, and 3 ft. wide. I keep my hog now in a 56 qt. that is 2x2x2 about and will eep him for some time due to their slower growth. Being yours is a cross he will get a bit biger, but a tub that size will be good for at least a year:)