PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Abdomen

Swollen Abdomen

GillianC
01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm curious as to the possible causes of minor swelling in the abdomen roughly between the end of the liver and the gall bladder. I'm hoping that it's not Cryptosporidiosis. The fact that the snake who happens to be suffering from this has yet to refuse a meal, regurgitate, or have any evident digestive problems seems to be in his favor. He does have two kinks in his back, one near-ish his heart and the other right after this newly developed swelling. I'm wondering, and hoping, if maybe the kinking is to blame. But at any rate, does anyone have any information?

Asbit
01-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Now info here Gillian, just well wishes for you and your snake.

wade
01-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I don’t think we have enough information to make any kind of a diagnosis. Some times we expect the worse with little justification. A “minor swelling” could be a host of “minor problems” that do not involve Cryptosporidiosis. If it is in fact minor and the animal appears normal in all other aspects, is active and eating well, I would tend to wait and see what develops. I would worry about Global Warming and Meteor Impacts and Pandemics. I’ll worry about Cryptosporidiosis on another day.

GillianC
01-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Haha Good point. I'm just curious. I want to know if I have anything to worry about. Apparently it's been there for a few months. But as you say, he is healthy in all other aspects, so I'll just wait and see! Thanks.