PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old snopal that doesn't want to eat

6 month old snopal that doesn't want to eat

marshaelaine
01-22-2010, 02:15 AM
I am hoping for some help from all of you experienced snake lovers. I have only been raising snakes for five months. my snopal has always been a picky eater. up until three weeks ago he always ate every five days, though some times he did not eat all on his mice. in the past three weeks he has been continually refusing food, and has only eaten one fuzzie since December 30th. He ate that fuzzie on January 11th. when he refuses meals I wait two to three days and try again. I have been braining his mice also. I am hoping that someone will have some suggestions for me. He is also starting to loose weight.

Please help

Thanks for any help that you can give me,

Marsha

BabyBlueEyes
01-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Try to offer him smaller mice instead of his normal fuzzies. Instead of waiting 3-4 days wait a little longer 5-7 days. Leave him alone try not to handle him that much as well. He needs to get some food in him whether its a smaller meal or not. Make sure he has fresh water and his temps are ok too. What are your feeding methods? Do you feed him/her in a separate container? Are you feeding F/T mice? Is braining the only thing you've tried to tempt him to eat?

marshaelaine
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
I feed him in a separate container, and I feed him F/T mice. Each of my snakes has his own feeding container. I have tried putting the mice in his tank also, but that did not work either. I clean his water dish and give him fresh water every few days. each of my snakes live in their own 20 gallon tank. they have a warm and cool sides to their tanks also. I don't know what else to try besides braining.
Thanks,
Marsha

BabyBlueEyes
01-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Try feeding the snake in a small deli-cup so it will focus on the food. Also try feeding him/her in a dark room. Snake are more active at night and also feed at night. That might stimulate him to eat.