PDA

View Full Version : need help asap

need help asap

batman361
02-02-2010, 02:09 AM
I went to clean out my snake cages today and got one of the biggest scares. When i went to pick up one of my snakes(blizzard male,coincedently my favorite) his body was very limp. I was just looking at them all yesterday and holding them and nothing was wrong. Its like from one day to the next he cant move the middle portion of his body and im worried he will not make it through the night. I have had and raised snakes for about ten years and i have never seen this behavior in one of my snakes. Its like that portion of his body is paralyzed or something and his body will not move. While holding him in my hands he will not even try to wrap to hold on or anything. He is still fiesty to bite and move around but that part of his body does not wanna move from about half way back. Please help.:uhoh::(

SquamishSerpents
02-02-2010, 02:21 AM
GO TO THE VET! ASAP!

ceduke
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
GO TO THE VET! ASAP!

What she said.

bitsy
02-02-2010, 03:13 AM
What they said.

"Limp" in a Corn Snake is always bad - they don't play dead and a healthy Corn will always show some sort of muscle tone when picked up (even flabby ones). In this instance if he's able to move one part of his body (to try and bite) but not another, I'd suspect some kind of spinal injury, maybe sustained in a fall inside the tank. But you'll only know for sure if you get an x-ray, so I'd recommend seeing the vet ASAP.

batman361
02-02-2010, 04:01 AM
yeah i know i called the vet earlier and the price just to go in and see him is 150. And that is the cheapest part of the whole visit. My friend took his in for an egg stuck in his female and the vet just pushed it out in abut ten min. and the bill was about $700. He is the only vet in the area so everyone knows his prices are outrageous. I really wish i had the money for him right now but i just dont.

marike
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
That`s tremendous! Are you serious?
Do you have another vet nearby to compare?

My vet charged 60 Euro (about 83 US-Dollar) for
a whole body check up of the snake,
taking a poo sample and checking for parasites
and sending a sample in for a test for cryptosporidia.

An operation because of egg stuck is about 150 Euro (209 Dollar), I think.

I hope, you find another vet to take your snake to. Sounds really bad.
Good luck,
mariken

Cornsnake124
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
find another vet. It says you live in corpus christi, I would guess your best bet for another vet would be galveston or Houston. (yes i know its a long drive)

I would guess spinal injurie because of partial paralization.

Buzzard
02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Call even a non-reptile vet to get an x-ray... I live in BFE and the equine vet allowed me to get an x-ray of one of my rescues not to long ago. He even was nice enough to help me see what was going on.... I payed 25 for the X-ray. I would call around....Cant hurt