PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Cage Build Finally Complete

Awesome Cage Build Finally Complete

great_kali
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Everyone.:cool:

After what felt like the longest time i have finally completed my cage build. (With a little help from my dad) :D

The cage is 1200 x 600 x 600 with front glass sliding doors.
The background is styrofoam, covered with tile grout and sealed with tile sealer.
Accessories are just some goodies from the petshop.

Just goes to show you what a newbie can do with a lot of inspiration, good online peeps and a little beer.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Peace Out.

groomingdiva
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
That is so cool!! How did you make the background? Is it styrofoam?

Katie612
02-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Wow, gorgeous! I am jealous. :)

great_kali
02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Hey ladies

Yes the background is Styrofoam that is covered in 2 layers of colored tile grout. Then i sealed it afterward with normal tile sealer and a spray bottle.

And thanks a lot for the compliments!

wade
02-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Very nice, and you did all of that with just a little beer. I'm impressed.

great_kali
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey Wade...

Ok Ok.....maybe a little smirnoff spin as well.... but still props to you peeps that inspired me....

You're all awesome!

jnk22
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
awesome tank, my son and I just took a stab at this same thing for his 10 gallon fish tank. it is curing now. so my question to you is is there a waiting period before you can add a snake to the cage, with fish i have to do regular water chages (about half the tank a day) for about 2 weeks here is a pic of our project.

great_kali
02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Big Up Jnk22!!! Really nice looking setup you have there as well. As too your question, i would say about a week. Just make sure the tile grout and sealer are dry; the snake should be fine. My cage just had a bit of a smell.....for about 3 days after i put on the tile sealer. So i would say wait at least a week, just to be sure.

Peace Out!:cool:

Caryl
02-26-2010, 03:23 PM
That's a gorgeous viv! If your snake is a climber (and most are to some degree) it's going to get a lot of use out of that back wall. That has the side benefit of encouraging the snake to be out exercising where you can see and enjoy it.

Super nice job!:cheers:

great_kali
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks Caryl.

I really hope my candy cane likes this setup.

Peace out!