PDA

View Full Version : Incubator Thermostat

Incubator Thermostat

hezikiawilson
02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
So I am finally building my incubator and I need to know of a good thermostat. The incubator I will be making will be out of a medium size fridge. I want something that can control the temp within a degree. I will be using fans to make sure I have a nice even temp. any help would be appriciated. The sooner the better I would like to order it soon so I can build and test next weekend. I want to make sure It is set up and running good before I put any eggs in there!

insomniac101
02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I use the Herpstat by Spyder Robotics. It's a proportional thermostat, so it keeps temps near-constant. I've only seen variances in the two-tenths of a degree range.

www.spyderrobotics.com

Kathy

hezikiawilson
02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
ok so I have been searching online all day. and I think I am going to go with the helix DBS1000 just because it looks pretty user friendly and easy to use and seems very popular. does anyone have any experiance they would like to share before I place my order?

hezikiawilson
02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Also thank you insomniac101 I had not heard of that herpstat and I did look into it.

Nanci
02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't have a thermostat on my incubator, but I have- let me go count...eight Herpstats in use and two in boxes waiting for new racks. Obviously, I am very happy with them. I like the Herpstat ND, not for the actual night drop feature, but they have a few more bells and whistles than the basic model. One thing I really like is the high/low temp alarm. The owner of the company, Dion, provides EXCELLENT customer service. He'll quickly answer any question you have. And I haven't had a problem yet, but I am positive if I did, that I could _trust_ him to tell me what to do- if the stat could be serviced or would need to be replaced.

hezikiawilson
02-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Thank you nanci I will look into it!