PDA

View Full Version : The worry is over!

The worry is over!

Bullet
01-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Hi we have this new corn snake that arrived Christmas and for the past few days I was thinking he was sick because he was opening his mouth alot and making clicking noises. I raised the temp. in the viv and hoped for the best while keeping a close watch on him. Today I came home and noticed that he was after shedding so I took him up and to my delight the clicking sounds he was making are gone. The shed is his first or should i say our first and I didn't know what to expect. His eyes did cloud over and then clear up but his skin color didn't change. I do read alot about these little fellas and try my best to teach my daughter but this gave me a little scare. But all is well now and Bullet seems fine!! Great Site!!!

Alex Dew
01-08-2004, 07:19 AM
GOOD TO HEAR :cheers:

rachel132002
01-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Gawd I know that feeling, my male corn Blaze shed 3times normally then on the 4th he was opening his mouth and clicking for a few days, scared the life out of me - always a comfort to find out you've panicked over nothing!

Rachel

gardenmum
01-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I am glad for you that it was a shed situation and not an RI.
Yea, I had that happen and now if one goes into the blues and starts that I know what it is. But the first time, it did concern me.