PDA

View Full Version : Babies have not eaten yet

Babies have not eaten yet

nocodasmom
01-10-2004, 09:26 AM
My new amel & snow babies have not eaten since I brought then home on Tuesday of this week. I went back to where I purchased them and spoke with the guy who was feeding them. He advised me that he fed then pinkies every Friday. When or should I be conserned with the eating yet? Any info would help. I mean if they are not going to feed that is not a good thing and I want to bring it to the sellers attention. He did advise me that the two I purchased were a little tempermental when was trying to feed them. What do ya'll think?:p

Alicia
01-10-2004, 02:00 PM
There are many reasons why babies won't eat. In your case my first guess would be stress. They need time to settle in. You brought them to a new home on Tuesday and this is Saturday. It's only been 4 days. I would wait till Tuesday and try feeding a small food item. Between now and then, no handleing let them get used to their new home. Make sure they have fresh water, proper temps and lots of quite time:D

When you do try to feed them put them in a small container like a deli cup w/lid or a paperbag folded over and secured. Leave them overnight and resist the urge to check on them before morning.