PDA

View Full Version : Image Signature Debate

Image Signature Debate

Snakewhisperer
03-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Wondering which of these I should be using, please let me know what you think.

Stormy
03-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Ok few things.
First image: It is ok but the border really distracts from the over all image, same with the signature being in the center.
Second Image: I think this one is perfect and also can be used in a variety of ways. Especially if you get your photos printed in any form of media.
Third Image: This image is great for use on the web because you made your signature into a watermark of sorts that is not easily removed.

ZoologyGirl
03-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Well, if you're looking to try to prevent someone from using your work, the watermark would be most effective...because the other ones can easily be cropped out without losing the picture, in about 2 seconds. Watermarks aren't impossible to photoshop off, but it takes more work than a simple crop.

If you're just looking for a signature to attach, I like the corner one.

Tara80
03-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I would definitely go with the border mark. It looks perfect right there and the border shading really brings out the picture. Makes it look more 'professional' I guess. The watermark is also nice but, from my perspective, it can skew or blot out markings on the snakes (if snakes are what you intend to photograph).

Lucille
03-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I like the third one. Beautiful snake, gorgeous pic.

bekers71
03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I really like the watermark pic. :)

Jeff Linkchorst
03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I like all of them. But if your posting it on the web. I would go with the watermark. Same reasons as posted above.

mvervest
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I go for the watermark , best protecting your picture IMO .
How do you place that on a picture , with which program ?

dave partington
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Pick one. Lots of free & online tools for creating a watermark.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=watermark+online+tool

Snakewhisperer
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM

Using Gimp, I do a text layer, emboss it, then overlay it. I have the text layers saved already, so I just have to paste them and resize.