PDA

View Full Version : Price increase on all surplus adults.

Price increase on all surplus adults.

Rich Z
01-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Brumation will be coming to an end in approximately 4 weeks. As such I have raised the prices on all remaining adults on my surplus list. Each week the price will go up on all remaining animals until February 15th, when all females will be removed from the surplus list. Once they come out of brumation, I might as well breed them myself again this year and then sell the babies.

Anyone having thoughts about buying some of this stuff may want to consider that the prices will only go up until the point where you will have to wait until next Fall when I generate a surplus adult listing again.

I am starting to work on my inventory of remaining 2003 animals. Once that is completed, I will be raising prices on those animals as well when I can generate an accurate showing of what I still have left from last season.

Hopefully I can get my 2004 price list done early this year with the new program I am now using.

Thanks.

rolph1414
01-15-2004, 06:34 PM
I was viewing the surplus males at your site...I am interested in possibly the "Adult male Miami Phase Corn #16313"

What would be expected for offspring if it bred with:

The lighter striped!

Kat
01-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Normal het stripe? :)
-Kat

rolph1414
01-15-2004, 07:02 PM
process. I am new to this.

So I would have all striped!!! What would produce something different?

Rich Z
01-15-2004, 08:22 PM
I do believe you need to spend some time in the Cultivars/Genetics Issues Forum (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11). Many issues like this have been addressed in there.

It requires a basic understanding of Mendellian genetics, which I do not believe this thread is the appropriate place to address this.

But in any event if you breed a Miami Phase to a striped you will get all normal colored snakes heterozygous for stripe. Now that lighter animal looks like it may be an Amelanistic Stripe in that photograph. If that is the case, then breeding it with a Miami Phase will again give you all normal colored snakes, but they would be heterozygous for both Amelanism and Stripe.

To get something interesting as a result of breeding a striped corn, you need to get something that already has stripe in it or else Motley. Personally, since the stripes look so nice on those animals, I would not breed Motley into it myself.

So why not breed Butter into it and start your own line of Butter Stripes down the road?

http://www.cornsnakes.com/pics/butter_stripe001.jpg

Kat
01-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Hehe... you're right, Rich... the lighter stripe looks like an amel. I was in a bit of a hurry when I responded and didn't download the picture all the way... but the point I was trying to make was that the offspring would all be phenotypically normal.

Nice butter stripe, BTW. Can't wait to see it as an adult. :)

-Kat

Ciryluk
02-03-2004, 11:41 AM
To get something interesting as a result of breeding a striped corn, you need to get something that already has stripe in it or else Motley. Personally, since the stripes look so nice on those animals, I would not breed Motley into it myself.

So why not breed Butter into it and start your own line of Butter Stripes down the road?

hehe this is what I have planned!:cool: Starting with: 1.0 Amel Stripes and 0.2 Butters!;)

Cheryl:D

Booger
04-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Rich, when do you typically start brumating your snakes?

Rich Z
04-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I normally have most of them cooled down by mid November through mid February.