PDA

View Full Version : NOTICE: Posting For Sale ads on this site.

NOTICE: Posting For Sale ads on this site.

Rich Z
06-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Effective for 2014!!
The rules have been changed- non contributors may now post For Sale ads.

After a lot of reflection on this situation, I have decided to restrict the posting of FOR SALE ads to Contributor level members only.
<hr>
If you would like to become a contributing member, please click on this link: Contributor Memberships (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/subscriptions.php?)
<hr>
<b>Addendum:</b> I just got a notice from someone who discovered another member trying to bypass this restriction by posting a FOR SALE ad in another forum. Please note that any incidents like this, such as blatant ads described as a Photo Gallery posting, will get the member doing this banned for three days from the site. I mean, come on! Do you REALLY think it would pass by unnoticed by the Contributor members here?
<hr>
Sorry to have to repeat this here, but apparently people aren't reading the announcement at the top of this forum.

MOE B
06-01-2006, 08:25 PM
After reading your post on selling,after giving it some thought in think you're being greedy & forgeting what these forums are supposed to be about likeminded people with a passion for keeping cornsnakes but some sites just want to make a fast buck fair enough if thats your way i will delete my profile & stay with the non greedy sites :wavey:

Billybobob
06-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow, Rich puts alto of work in to this site he moderates almost all of the forums here and there are plenty of freebies at this sight so i think he is far from greedy. Most forms that I have seen require you to be a contributing member to be able to post for sale adds(even the UK Based forums).

If that is the way you feel about this site and its owner I'm sure most here will say good riddens.

Roy Munson
06-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Yet another post about what this forum is supposed to be by someone who couldn't begin to understand what it IS. I'm sure Rich's sales will plummet because one Brit doesn't get it yet. :rolleyes:

janew
06-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Yet another post about what this forum is supposed to be by someone who couldn't begin to understand what it IS. I'm sure Rich's sales will plummet because one Brit doesn't get it yet. :rolleyes:
Dean, its nothing to do with him/her being a Brit!! I think its good of Rich to allow ANY for sale ads, considering its his business, never mind restricting it to contributing members!

jazzgeek
06-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Dean, its nothing to do with him/her being a Brit!! I think its good of Rich to allow ANY for sale ads, considering its his business, never mind restricting it to contributing members!Watch out - Dean could very well cross the pond and start acting like a raving lunatic in the streets. (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285661&postcount=10) :grin01:

Consider yourself warned.

regards,
jazz

Roy Munson
06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Watch out - Dean could very well cross the pond and start acting like a raving lunatic in the streets. (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285661&postcount=10) :grin01:

Consider yourself warned. :roflmao: Could happen.

(Not to Jazz, who undoubtedly 'got it'):
The only reason I even mentioned nationality was because individual Brit hobbyists must make up .00001% (if that) of Rich's clientelle.

janew
06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Watch out - Dean could very well cross the pond and start acting like a raving lunatic in the streets. (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285661&postcount=10) :grin01:

Consider yourself warned.

regards,
jazz
:rofl: Now THAT I'd like to see!!! :rofl:

I'd love to be able to afford to become one of Rich's Brit customers!!! :cry: I have got two lavenders from his stock though... :dancer:

dannwyman
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
rich
please don't ban me :shrugs:
i offered sunny1 (pam) in chesapeake va a snake in a different forum.
it was a free offer, not trying to pich a sale.

JANAM09
08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
So this means that I can't post a message anywhere about looking for a new home for my snake? I've only got 1 and I am looking for a good home for my snake in my area (not to make a bunch of money)... My biggest concern is finding a good home and I'm not sure where else I could find people truely interested in these snakes...

So... let me know if I can post the details about my snake here or not.

Thanks,
Jana

Roy Munson
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
So this means that I can't post a message anywhere about looking for a new home for my snake? I've only got 1 and I am looking for a good home for my snake in my area (not to make a bunch of money)... My biggest concern is finding a good home and I'm not sure where else I could find people truely interested in these snakes...

So... let me know if I can post the details about my snake here or not.

Thanks,
JanaUnless you're willing to pony-up the $25 to be a contributing member, then the answer is: no, you cannot. Contributing members PAY to find good homes for their snakes; it wouldn't be fair to allow you to compete with them for nothing. Expected profit doesn't really matter. In fact, this post itself crosses the line, but I'll be a nice guy and I won't delete it. But I'm locking this thread.

Susan
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I've been seeing an increase in some violations, specifically non-Contributing members posting For Sale ads. Disguising your ad in a thread bemoaning the fact that you can't keep your snake for some reason and hoping someone will take pity and give it a good home (for a small fee) is not fooling anyone and will be treated exactly like the ones who blatantly post their ads. You get an immediate 3-day banning from this site.

Also, I'm having to make those PMs about signature lengths again. There is a 4-line limit that includes spaces. We allow some slack because of the difference in computer monitors and how some posts are viewed, but obvious excesses need to be fixed.

I'm hoping just bumping this thread and similar ones will be enough for awhile.

Rich Z
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Addendum - 12/24/2013 - I have lifted the restriction concerning only Contributing members advertising their animals for sale on this site. Please see this thread -> http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134466