• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

DIY Rack for Under $500

Chet

Olympic Cornsnakes
It is still a work in progress. I might have to move the Flexwatt to the top of the shelf. I think it came out cool. Any feed back good or bad always welcome.

TY..Chet

I hope the PDF can be opened...

Attachments

• My first rack reduced.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:
I was impressed. Very nice. I've never used the liquid tape. What did you think of that?

I liked the tape a lot. First time for me using it as well. Has to set for several hours or longer.

I increased the temp to 100 on my Thermostat and I know have 84-87 on the inside of my tubs. You guys have any concern with that temp on Flexwatt?
I went to the Flexwatt company web site and found this info, see PDF attachment. If I understand it correctly, Flexwatt can go up to 180 F. How do you guys read this.

cya...chet

Attachments

• Flexwattt Specifications.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 4
The only thing that matters is the temperature inside the tub. Put you probe under the substrate right over the heat. If your temps are around 85 you are good.

It is still a work in progress. I might have to move the Flexwatt to the top of the shelf. I think it came out cool. Any feed back good or bad always welcome.

TY..Chet

I hope the PDF can be opened...

FYI... I couldn't open the PDF.

Hmm.. Not sure why you couldn't open it. Check out this guys rack design. I think it's better then my above design. I'll be making this style rack system over the next few months. The only thing different is that I will use the particle board for the top/bottoms because is allows for a lot of air to go through.

http://northeastsnakes.com/racks.html

Back