PDA

View Full Version : Saving Space

Saving Space

Kilojara16
06-08-2002, 07:53 PM
I know that if I get a cornsnake I'm going to want more. But mom says that the snakes don't leave my room which isn't that big. If I get 20 gal longs for each, I could only get 2, otherwise my room would feel crowded. Would rubbermaids take up less space? How big should they be and what's the cost?

CornsnakeKeeper
06-08-2002, 11:03 PM
If you're not going to build a rack type system, I'd say stick with two corns and get the tanks. That is, once your mom gives in.

Iris
06-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Well I have one snake and one tank right now but I have purchased a 28-quart rubbermaid for my new hatchling which should be hatching sometime between last Friday and June 18th. ROughly. I think I will be getting a bigger one once she grows a bit.
I got the rubbermaid because they are much cheaper (i'm on a rather tight budget right now) and they are pretty much as good as tanks once you punch the airholes in. They aren't as transparent though so I guess some people don't like that but it's not an issue with me cause it's not like I'm going to be displaying her all the time or anything.
I don't remember the exact cost but it was definitely under $5. I think my tank cost me around $30 and it was at a reptile show.
I hope your mom lets you get the snakes soon...!