PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Additional Breeding: El Wray x Cherry, Producing Miamis het Motley

2010 Additional Breeding: El Wray x Cherry, Producing Miamis het Motley

Nanci
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
After Cherry's spectacular clutch of 24 slugs last season, unmated, _with_ the added fun of a retained slug, I've decided to go ahead and breed her this season. Fortunately, I just happened to have a willing candidate handy! El Wray is my 2008 Huddleston Miami Mot, and he was willing and able to volunteer his services!

Nanci
04-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Cherry is my 2005 Milksnake Phase Miami, Huddleston lines. Little El Wray didn't waste any time; they hooked up in less than one minute! And stayed hooked up for over an hour...

Nanci
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure what the resulting babies will look like; Cherry and El Wray are quite different phases of Miami. But since both are such beautiful examples, I am not too worried!

CaptBogart
04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Nice! Can't wait to see the hatchlings!

Jenn_Tigercat
04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Oooo beautiful pair. I love the colors on both especially that motley. can't wait to see the babies :)

mmfrankford
05-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I was hoping for a breeding like this. If you have a waiting list for this (hopefully) clutch, I definitely want to be on it!

Nanci
05-10-2010, 07:40 AM
I don't have a waiting list, but I have promised "some" babies to Carol (Grandma!!). I'm sure that when I have hatchlings, it will be impossible to miss, because I'll be so excited! Of course they'll be posted here!!

mmfrankford
05-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Awesome! Can't wait..:)

Nanci
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
The results from this breeding were 4:1. Two nice, classic Miami males- El Tigre and Gatito. Both sold. One nice, classic Miami female- owned by Carol. One _superb_ milksnake-phase, Milky Milksnake. I didn't plan on a keeper, but he's too gorgeous to let go. One surprise amel, Candy Cane. I was shocked to see a little amel nose poking out of the last egg! Once again, I didn't plan on a keeper, but I had to keep my surprise baby, Candy Cane. He is just the sweetest thing ever, which is to be expected, since his mother is one of the sweetest snakes ever.

This breeding will be repeated in 2011. There should be better fertility since I will start mating early in the season, instead of as an afterthought at the end.