PDA

View Full Version : Snow Baby won't eat

Snow Baby won't eat

carmodybratt
01-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I just got last night a month old snow cornsnake I put two pinkies in but he hasn't touched them even leaving them in overnight.. I'm worried that the temp might be too cold for him. One of the pinkies has died and i don't know if he'll eat it without being the one to kill it...

tyretosmom
01-22-2004, 04:32 PM
The best advice I got when I had a problem simalar to this was leave the little guy alone. If you know that he was eating before you got him then chances are he is stressed out. It takes them a while to get used to there suroundings. I would say leave him alone for a least a week then give it a try. About your set up what is the temp it is at right now? Do you have a war side and a cool side? make sure you have a hide on both the sides as well.

bmm
01-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes, leave the snake alone!

Take both pinkies out!

You should not even make your first feeding attempt until you have had the snake at least a week. No handling, leave him totally alone for this week. then try.

Get a thermometer and make sure your hot side is between 84-86 or so and your cold side can be room temp.

bmm

CORNSTER
01-28-2004, 11:22 PM
their all right, leave the snake alone for a week so it can adjust to its new surroundings, in a week if the snake is still not feeding on the pinkies then try using one hand to hold the pinki with ur fingers or a pair of forceps and hold the snake in the other hand. bring the pinki to the snake. gently brush the pinki up against the side of his face but dont hit him directly in his face. i had to use this method on one of my baby corns who would not eat and it worked successfully. good luck:cheers: